Sunday, 30 May 2021

Blog 4 - Video Tutorial on Renaming Number using Camtasia


 Topic:     Renaming numbers

Class:      III

Subject:    Mathematics

 

Click here to watch my video Tutorial

 

Description of the material

The material that I prepared is video tutorial. A video tutorial is a student handout which is written to accompany a specific video. I have made video tutorial for class III Mathematics on renaming numbers. I have used base ten blocks to teach on renaming numbers. This TLM would be helpful for students to understand the concept of renaming numbers easily. It is a portable material which students can use at any time without having to attend classes at specific time.

Creation of the teaching material

The material I created is video tutorial using Camtasia studio 8. Firstly I looked into the class III Mathematics textbook for the contents that need to be covered. After that, I try to find all the relevant information that need to be conveyed to my students from the internet. After getting all the information from the internet, I planned the overview of the presentation. Then, I opened a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation to create an interesting  and engaging presentation.I made Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on renaming numbers. Then I animated all the required materials in the Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.

Teaching Mathematics concepts using Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation is somewhat challenging as lots of animations like emphasis and shapes are required to be inserted in order to make the concept clear to the students. All the concepts, information and examples, I inserted shapes, emphasis and differently timed animations in order to make the presentation more engaging and easily understandable. After creating the presentation, I recorded it using Camtasia Studio 8. After that I have edited until it looks worth for my students.

How, when and where to use the material

My video tutorial can be used to teach the concept of renaming number. Always teaching through face to face sometimes is monotonous and boring. So My video tutorial will used to teach lesson without teacher need to go in front of the class. My video tutorial can be used while teaching in the class. It can be use in lesson Introduction, Development and Closure.

How to go about activity

I have made two questions to solve using base ten blocks to rename numbers. To do so, students will watch my video tutorial and understand the concept. At the end of the video tutorial I have set two questions to follow up their understanding of the lessons. Moreover students can watch again when ever they need to watch and even pause it.

Thank you

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 5- PPT on Types of Triangles

This is an embedded Microsoft Office presentation, powered by Office . Description about the material This self-created power point contain...