Tuesday, 1 June 2021

Blog 5- PPT on Types of Triangles



Description about the material
This self-created power point contains the content of sorting and drawing triangles for class four students. It presents the definition of triangle types of triangles, ways to sort triangles, examples of different triangles, and the activity for the children. The engaging PowerPoint presentation contains lots of interesting and colourful shapes and diagrams to grab attentions of children.  Different animations and transitions are used at different point in the presentation to make it more engaging and effective.

Description on how I created the material
Firstly in a blank MS PowerPoint slide, I drew a triangle using ‘triangle’ shape from the ‘insert shape’ option. I then labelled three sides as 1, 2, and 3 to teach the children about polygons because triangle is one of the polygons. Triangles are polygons which have three edges, faces and vertices. After that, in another blank slide, I drew three triangles using ‘triangle’ shape from the ‘insert shape’. For first triangle, I made all three sides equal to teach the concept of equilateral triangle. For second triangle, I made all two sides equal to teach the concept of isosceles triangle. For third triangle, I made all three sides unequal to teach the concept of scalene triangle.

To teach about the two ways of sorting triangles, firstly I drew a triangle to teach the concept of sorting triangles by comparing the length of side. And I inserted picture of a protractor to teach the concept of sorting triangles by measuring the angels in each triangles. I inserted picture of 'Zebra Cross' sign board as example of equilateral triangle, a piece of pizza as isosceles triangle, and cloth hanger as example of scalene triangle. I animated the pictures and texts using different animation modes. I kept the appearance of animation on click because I wanted the pictures and texts appear when I click the mouse.

How and where am I going to use the material?
I will use the material during the lesson introduction and lesson development. During the lesson introduction, I will teach the concept of polygons and triangle as one of the polygons. During lesson development, I will let the students to read the power point slides and will teach the concepts of Equilateral, Isosceles, and Scalene triangles. 
 
 
Activity
During the activity time, I will show the activity slide and children will read the activity instruction and will do the activity.  The activity / task is to match the given triangles with their corresponding names. Students will then be asked to draw and label different parts of triangles
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 5- PPT on Types of Triangles

This is an embedded Microsoft Office presentation, powered by Office . Description about the material This self-created power point contain...